Location: Jalisco, Nayarit, Sinaloa, Zacatecas, Durango, Coahuila, Chihuahua.
Event: The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens that Hurricane Willa is located southwest of Puerto Vallarta and moving in a north/northeast direction with an expected landfall around 1900 on Tuesday, October 23. A Hurricane Warning is in effect for San Blas to Mazatlan while a Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Playa Perula to San Blas (which includes Puerto Vallarta), and from Mazatlan to Bahia Tempehuaya.
- The federal Mexican authorites Conagua and Proteccion Civil have not issued evacuation orders. Local representatives of these agencies are providing real-time, localized guidance and are encouraging voluntary evacuations.
- Proteccion Civil and local tourist associations established storm shelters in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. The Mazatlan locations can be found on this Google Maps page. Known shelters are at these addresses:
- Albergue MIC
- Av. la Marina 1303, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue ICO
- Internacional Mexico 15 1201, Jacarandas, 82157 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue UAS ECA
- Av Ejercito Mexicano 1019, Telleria, 82017 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Algergue UAS Turismo
- Delta 16-10, Antiguo Aeropuerto, 82146 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue Club de Leones
- Av Insurgentes SN-S DIF, El Paraiso, 82125 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue Conalep 1
- Tepic – Mazatlan 1839, Urías, 82039 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue Sixto Osuna (Villa Union)
- Juan S. Millan 22, Villa Union, 82214 Villa Union, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Albergue Seguridad Publica
- Enrique Perez Arce 4504, Benito Juarez, 82180 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
- Technology Institute of Puerto Vallarta
- Corea del Sur 600, Lomas del Coapinole, 48338 Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
- Preparatory School CECYTEJ
- Corea del Sur 560, Lomas de Coapinole, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
- Technical Highschool 132
- Corea del Sur s/n, El Mangal, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
- Albergue MIC
- The Embassy and all Consulates General continue to operate on normal hours and offer routine visa, passport, and other consular services. The Consular Agencies in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan will operate with reduced staffing and limited operations until further notice.
Actions to Take:
• Expedite preparations to protect life and property.
• Monitor the local news for updates.
• Seek secure shelter.
• Follow directions from local officials.
(Within Mexico) 01-55-8526-2561
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates