Location: Southwestern Coast of Mexico
Event: The U.S. Embassy cautions U.S. citizens that swells generated by Tropical Storm Xavier, currently located approximately 300 miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, has potential to cause life-threatening surf and rip current conditions along portions of the southwestern coast beginning tonight and Sunday. The storm is expected to weaken Sunday night or Monday while turning toward the northwest and west.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if traveling to the affected areas.
- Avoid boating, surfing, or other water sports in the affected areas until the storm has dissipated.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Follow directions from local officials.
- Monitor the websites of the U.S. National Hurricane Center and the Mexican Civil Protection Agency (“Protección Civil”).
- In case of emergency call 911.
(Within Mexico) 01-55-8526-2561
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.