U.S. Embassy Mexico City
Location: Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, and Nayarit
Event: The National Hurricane Center (NHC) reports that Hurricane Norma is projected to cause heavy rains and flooding in southern Baja California Sur during the next few days. The Government of Mexico has issued Hurricane and Tropical Storm Warnings/Watches for Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, and Nayarit. U.S. citizens in impacted areas should monitor the progress of Hurricane Norma.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates, follow directions from local officials, and in case of emergency, call 911.
- Be prepared to seek shelter.
- Monitor the National Hurricane Center and the Mexican National Meteorological Service (Servicio Meteorológico Nacional) for updates on storm activity and emergency response.
- Both during and after the storm, keep loved ones advised of your location and well-being via phone, text, and social media.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page for more information.
From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444