We strongly advise visitors to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment time. In some cases we may not be able to accommodate visitors who arrive more than 15 minutes late. It is not necessary to book space at a local hotel or shop to wait for your appointed time.
Due to security concerns and space limitations, U.S. consular sections do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives, attorneys, or business contacts to attend the visa interview with the applicant.
All U.S. Embassy and Consulates visitors and their personal belongings must pass through security screening before entering into the building. For reasons of safety and security, visitors may not bring these prohibited items into the Embassy or Consulate:
These lists are not all inclusive and security officials reserve the right to deny entry of items determined to be unsafe or a threat to security.
- Cellphones, computers, and other electronic devices,
- Media devices such as CD’s, thumb drives, SD cards, headphones, speakers, etc.,
- Cameras or video equipment,
- Lighters and matches,
- Weapons or any item which can be used as a weapon,
- Knives and other sharp objects,
- Purses and bags larger than 18” x 18”, and
- Liquids, gels, aerosols, oils, lotions, or powder (exceptions below).
The following items are permitted:
- Medical devices (please declare prior to screening),
- Small quantities of make-up,
- Small quantities of baby formula, baby food, milk,
- Small quantities of diapers,
- Non-liquid medications, and Baby carriers and baby strollers that can be folded small enough to pass through an x-ray machine.