STEP 1: COMPLETE THE DS-160 ONLINE APPLICATION
Fill out the online DS-160 Non-immigrant Visa Application Form and print the “Confirmation Page” with a barcode.
Note: If your DS-160 does not provide complete and accurate information, your application will not be accepted . You will be required to update or correct your DS-160 and return to the Embassy or Consulate at a later time to finish the application process.
STEP 2: SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT(S) THROUGH THE APPOINTMENT CENTER AND PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
There are two methods to schedule your appointment(s): you can use the internet appointment system or call to speak to an operator. There is no fee for either service.
Go to http://mexico.usvisa-info.com and follow the directions for making an appointment.
Call any of the numbers below and a representative will direct you through the appointment process.
Local Telephone Numbers within Mexico:
- Aguascalientes: 449-4628591
- Celaya: 461-1623595
- Ciudad Juárez: 656-2123773
- Guadalajara:33-85261444 / 33-46241978
- Leon: 477-4933832
- Matamoros:899-1714632 / 868-8126118
- Merida: 999-3167010
- Mexicali: 686-8387585
- México, D.F. :55-85263111 / 55-11634677
- Monterrey:81-85262111 / 81-46242508
- Nuevo Laredo: 867- 962 1787/ 899-1714633
- Piedras Negras: 878-7839092
- Puebla: 222-5763899
- Querétaro: 442-3489542
- San Luis Potosí: 444-2402448
- San Martin Texmelucan De Labastida: 248-4623439
Local Number from the USA: 703-439-2310
When you schedule your appointment(s), you will also:
- Provide the confirmation number from your DS-160 application (from Step 2)
- Make an initial determination on your eligibility for a waiver of interview, and schedule your corresponding appointment(s) at the ASC and, if required, the Embassy
- Select the DHL Office where you would like your passport and/or visa delivered (if approved)
- Pay the application fee:
- Effective August 29, 2017, the ACS will no longer be able to accept credit card payments for non-immigrant visa application fees. All payments must be submitted in cash to any Citi Banamex or Scotiabank location across Mexico.
- To submit a cash payment please utilize the appointment website which will produce a Bank Deposit Slip based upon the type of appointment for which you have registered; the deposit slip will indicate how much you must pay and deposit slip expiration date. You must print this Bank Deposit Slip, log off the appointment site, proceed to a local Citi Banamex or Scotiabank branch, present the Bank Deposit Slip, pay the requested amount, obtain an original bank receipt for the transaction, log back into the appointment site, and enter the bank receipt confirmation number into the requested field. After you have provided the confirmation number, you may proceed to the appointment calendar. Note: You will need access to a printer to complete this procedure.
|Tourist and other non-petition-based visas||US$160.00|
|Tourist visa for Mexican minors (under age 15)||US$16.00|
|Petition-based visas (H, L, O, P, Q and R visas)||US$190.00|
|Treaty Trader / Investor (E visa)||US$205.00|
STEP 3: APPEAR AT THE ASC TO SUBMIT APPLICATION, FINGERPRINTS, AND PHOTO
Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. You may not enter with food, guns, weapons, or any liquids, including beverages, hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial gels. All electronic equipment is also prohibited, such as cellular telephones, photographic or video cameras, radios and computers. There are not storage facilities; therefore, if you arrive with any of the items above, you will be turned away and asked to make a new appointment.
STEP 4: APPEAR FOR INTERVIEW (NOT REQUIRED FOR ALL APPLICANTS)
Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. You may not enter with food, guns, weapons, or any liquids, including beverages, hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial gels. All electronic equipment is also prohibited, such as cellular telephones, photographic or video cameras, radios and computers. There are no storage facilities; therefore, if you arrive with any of the items above, you will be turned away and asked to make a new appointment.
For information on the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and Consular Agencies click here.
It is important to be honest during the interview; misleading, lying, and/or presenting false or altered documentation may result in a permanent visa ineligibility.
STEP 5: APPEAR AT LOCAL DHL OFFICE TO PICK UP PASSPORT AND/OR VISA (IF APPROVED)
When making the appointment during Step 2, you selected a local DHL Office to pick up their passport and visa if approved. To change or review your DHL Office selection, log into the appointment website or call the appointment center at any of the phone numbers in Step 3. There is no cost for this service.