Current E-2 processing time for all applicants is 3-5 months. The Department of State does not provide premium or expedited visa processing for an additional fee.
To complete the E-2 process as quickly as possible, please read carefully and follow our instructions. An incomplete visa application may delay the processing of your case. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned for correction.
If you are also applying for your spouse or children under the age of 21, see here.
New and renewal applicants must:
- Fill out form DS-160,
- Create an account in Yatri,
- Pay the visa fee,
- Make an appointment with the ASC. Your ASC appointment is not an interview appointment, and
- Submit complete supporting documents to the Consulate. (Recommended supporting document templates are available for download here.)
The Consulate will then:
- Review your supporting documents for completeness,
- Schedule your interview at the Consulate (if required), and
- Return approved visas by courier.
You may request an expedite once you have an interview appointment. Expedited appointments are generally reserved for acute humanitarian need for urgent travel to the United States. In your account, chose expedited appointment in the appointment menu and follow the steps.