Fiancé(e) Visa

A fiancé(e) visa (or K-1 visa) is technically a nonimmigrant visa.  Because the process is similar to that of an immigrant visa, however, the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General, Ciudad Juarez handles fiancé(e) visas.  The fiancé(e) visa is for foreigners who wish to marry a U.S. citizen in the United States and then become legal permanent residents without having to leave the United States.  K-2 visas are for the children of K-1 applicants.