An official website of the United States government

Fiancé(e) Visas
Immigrant visas

The fiancé(e) of a United States citizen who wants to travel to the United States to get married and live with their spouse must have a K-1 visa.

To qualify for a K-1 visa, the following conditions are necessary:

  • One party is a U.S. citizen.
  • Both parties are legally free to marry, and neither party is currently married.
  • Both parties have met each other in person.
  • The marriage will take place within 90 days of the fiancé(e) entering the United States on the fiancé(e) visa.