Due to ongoing Mexican military operations in the city, the U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara recommends that U.S. Citizens avoid travelling to Tepic, Nayarit. U.S. Consulate personnel are prohibited from traveling to Tepic until further notice.
Travelers who do travel to Tepic and its immediate vicinity should be aware that they may encounter roadblocks staffed by Mexican military personnel. Travelers should comply with all instructions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara, located at Progreso 175, Americana, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44160, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-33-3268-2100 during normal business hours or 011-52-55-5080-2000 during after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.