Location: Guerrero, Michoacan, Colima, and Jalisco States
Event: The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens of a tropical disturbance currently located about 400 miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. While current winds are not conducive to further development, shower activity associated with the disturbance is forecast to move toward southwestern Mexico today, November 28, through Thursday, November 29, bringing locally heavy rainfall to portions of the Mexican states of Guerrero, Michoacan, Colima, and Jalisco. These rains could result in life-threatening flash floods and mudslides.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if traveling to the affected areas.
- Monitor the local news for updates.
- Follow directions from local officials.
- Monitor the websites of the U.S. National Hurricane Center and the Mexican Civil Protection Agency (“Protección Civil”).
- In case of emergency call 911.
- U.S. Embassy in Mexico City
- 01-55-8526-2561 (From Mexico)
- 1-844-528-6611 (From the United States)
State Department – Consular Affairs
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.