U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez
Security Message: Plaza Portales Entertainment Complex Travel Restriction
February 10, 2017
The U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez has placed the entire “Plaza Portales” restaurant and entertainment complex located at the intersection of Bulevar Tomas Fernandez and Calle de los Portales off limits for United States government personnel.
This restriction is due to information regarding violence in the area and is effective until further notice.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, located at Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tel. 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- Contact information for other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.