Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Increased Criminal Activity in Nuevo Casas Grandes
December 6, 2017
The U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez alerts all U.S. citizens that due to recent security incidents in and around Nuevo Casas Grandes, U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling to the Nuevo Casas Grandes/Paquime region until December 20, 2017, at which time the Consulate will reevaluate the security environment. We advise U.S. citizens to avoid this area and take security precautions when considering travel to the area.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, located at Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., tel. 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- Contact information for other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.