Only 70 Days Left
U.S. Citizens: It is time to register to vote for the 2020 General Election.
Registering to vote and submitting an absentee ballot is fast, easy, and can be done from anywhere in the world. The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website has state by state instructions and the contact information for each election office. You can complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), print a U.S. postage-paid envelope, and review the FVAP links page for other useful resources.
If your state requires the FPCA or another paper form, you can send it to your local election officials through international mail, a professional courier service, or a U.S. Mission to Mexico facility. For additional instructions, please visit our voting webpage. \
Please complete your registration and absentee ballot request as soon as possible. We recommend U.S. citizens living overseas complete FPCAs each year, including 2020.
U.S. citizens abroad should send a new FPCA each year so they receive an absentee ballot for all federal elections within that calendar year. By submitting a new FPCA each year, voters can also ensure their contact information is up-to-date with their local election offices.
For more information, including contact information for voting assistance officials at the Embassy and consulates, please visit the U.S. Mission to Mexico’s voting webpage and FVAP.gov.
Remember, your vote counts!
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- For COVID-19 updates, please visit our COVID-19 web page.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergencies. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.