All Embassy visitors and their personal belongings must pass through security screening before entering into the building. For reasons of safety and security, visitors may not bring these prohibited items into the Embassy:
- Cellphones, computers,
- Media devices such as CD’s, thumb drives, SD cards, headphones, speakers, etc.
- Cameras or video equipment
- Lighters and matches
- Weapons or any item which can be used as a weapon
- Knives and other sharp objects
- Purses and bags larger than 18” x 18”
- Liquids, gels, aerosols, oils, lotions, or powder (exceptions below)
The following items are permitted:
- Declare medical devices before security screening
- Small quantities of make-up
- Small quantities of baby formula, baby food, milk
- Small quantities of diapers
- Non-liquid medication
- Baby Carriers and baby strollers that can be folded small enough to pass through an x-ray machine.
These lists are not all inclusive and security officials reserve the right to deny entry of items determined to be unsafe or a threat to security.