The U.S. Embassy and its consulates do not issue apostilles.  An apostille must be obtained from either the state or federal authority in the United States that issued the document was issued. For more information on documents originating in the United States, see USA – Designated Competent Authorities or Apostille in the United States.

Apostille information for documents originating in Mexico City (for example, birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees, and documents executed by Mexican notary publics) can be found here.

Apostille information for documents executed by schools, universities, and documents issued by the Secretary of Public Education in Mexico City can be found here.