U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Travel Restrictions Lifted in Nuevo Casas Grandes
December 20, 2017
U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez alerts all U.S. citizens that U.S. government personnel are no longer prohibited from traveling to the Nuevo Casas Grandes/Paquime region in the state of Chihuahua. All U.S. government personnel traveling to the Nuevo Casas Grandes/Paquime region are required to use U.S. Highway 11 through the Columbus, New Mexico port of entry and are restricted to the city limits of Nuevo Casas Grandes after dark.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, located at Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., tel. 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- Contact information for other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- To contact the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs, call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.