As the investigation into the January 6 shooting of the U.S. Consulate employee continues, U.S citizens in the Guadalajara area are urged to restrict their movements outside their homes and places of work to those truly essential.
They should also take care not to fall into predictable patterns for those movements that are essential. They should vary the times and routes of their movements.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara, located at Progreso 175, Americana, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44160, during business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 011-52-33-3268-2100 or via email at email@example.com .
- You may also call 011-52-55-5080-2000 after-hours.
- Contact information for the Embassy and other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).