United States Consulate General Guadalajara, Mexico
Security Message for U.S. Citizens
Lifting of Travel Prohibition for Tepic, Nayarit
February 24, 2017
Due to the reduction in Mexican military operations in Tepic, Nayarit, and its immediate vicinity, the U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara has lifted its February 10 prohibition on U.S. Consulate personnel travel to the area.
U.S. citizens who travel to Tepic and its immediate vicinity may still encounter checkpoints staffed by Mexican military or police personnel. Travelers should comply with all instructions.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Consulate General Guadalajara, located at Progreso 175, Americana, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44160, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-33-3268-2100 during normal business hours or 011-52-55-5080-2000 during after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.