Demonstrations at Ciudad Juarez-El Paso Border Crossings
June 23, 2016
The U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez informs U.S. citizens of expected demonstrations, beginning at 12:00 noon MDT, at the following locations:
- Zaragoza-Isleta bridge cargo lanes;
- Bridge of the Americas—Cordova—cargo lanes; and
- Paso del Norte—Santa Fe Street bridge
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, located at Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua. Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. , Tel. 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also 656-227-3000. If dialing from the United States, dial 011-52-656-227-3000.
- Contact information for other U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.