The U.S. Consulate General in Nogales has lifted its January 13, 2017 guidance to U.S. citizens to avoid the DeConcini Port of Entry. U.S. citizens can now use both the DeConcini and Mariposa Ports of Entry. As always, avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
* See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
* Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
* Contact the U.S. Consulate General Nogales (https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/nogales/), located at Calle San Jose, Fracc. Alamos, Nogales, Sonora, Mexico 840065, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* You may also call 001-619-841-3203 during normal business hours and after-hours.
* Contact information for the U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
* Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.