Mexican authorities have arrested and deported the suspected perpetrator of the shooting of a U.S. Foreign Service Officer. The U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara has lifted its January 7, 2017 guidance to U.S. citizens to limit travel in the Guadalajara area.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Consulate General Guadalajara, located at Progreso 175, Americana, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44160, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-33-3268-2100 during normal business hours or 011-52-55-5080-2000 during after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.