Date: January 2, 2020
Location: Multiple Locations, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Event: The Consulate continues to monitor reports of ongoing violence and blockades on major highways in Nuevo Laredo.
U.S. government personnel remain subject to enhanced restrictions on their movements (see Travel Advisory for details) and are under curfew.
U.S. Citizens Should:
- Notify family and friends of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid public places.
- U.S. Consulate General Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
+52 867 714 0512
+52 55 5080 2000 (U.S. Citizen Emergencies)
- State Department’s Travel Advisory for Mexico
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter