Location: Guanajuato State, Mexico
Event: Change in Travel Policy for U.S. Government Employees in Guanajuato State
The U.S. Embassy has updated its travel restrictions for U.S. personnel visiting Guanajuato state for official business. U.S. government employees may not travel to the area south of and including Highway 45D, Celaya, Salamanca, and Irapuato.
The Travel Advisory for Mexico will be updated to reflect this change.
Actions to Take:
- Review Travel Advisory for Mexico.
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call 1-800-681-9374 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at:
Paseo de la Reforma 305
06500, Ciudad de México
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.