Location: Jalisco, Mexico
Event: U.S. government employees may no longer travel to the area between Federal Highway 110 and the Michoacan border in the state of Jalisco nor travel on Federal Highway 110 between Tuxpan, Jalisco, and the Michoacan border.
Violent territorial disputes between criminal groups have increased along the Federal Highway 110 corridor between Tuxpan and the Michoacan border. These confrontations are expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
Please read the state summaries in the State Department’s Travel Advisory for Mexico for other safety and security information related to your specific travel destination.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel to the area described above.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates and in case of emergency, call 911.
- Contact Form
U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico
From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Mexico International Travel Information
- U.S. Passports
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Traveler’s Checklist
- Department of State on Facebook and Twitter
- U.S. Embassy Mexico on Facebook and Twitter