Security Alert: Increased Criminal Activity in the City of Chihuahua
U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez (November 8, 2019)
Location: Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico
Event: Because of a marked increase in criminal activity throughout the city of Chihuahua, U.S. government personnel are restricted from traveling to the city of Chihuahua until further notice.
The U.S. Consulate will continue to monitor the security situation and will update the Travel Advisory accordingly.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to the city of Chihuahua at this time.
- The Travel Advisory is being updated to reflect this change in circumstances.
- For police and other emergency assistance, dial 911.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be prepared to take alternative routes between home and work and other frequent locations.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy if you need assistance.
U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez
Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu
Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444