Location: Michoacán, Mexico
Event: Change in Travel Policy for U.S. Government Employees in Michoacán State
The U.S. Embassy has updated its travel restrictions for U.S. personnel visiting Michoacán state for official business. Travel for U.S. government employees is limited to the following areas with the noted restrictions:
- U.S. government employees may travel on Federal Toll Highway (cuota) 15D to transit the state between Mexico City and Guadalajara.
- -U.S. government employees may travel to Morelia by air or by land using highways 43 or 48D from Highway 15D.
- -U.S. personnel must travel to Lázaro Cárdenas by air only and must stay within the city center and port areas.
The Travel Advisory for Mexico will be updated to reflect this change.
Actions to Take:
- Review Travel Advisory for Mexico.
U.S. Embassy in Mexico City
01-55-8526-2561 (From Mexico)
1-844-528-6611 (From the United States)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow U.S. Department of State Travel.gov on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow U.S. Embassy Mexico City on Facebook and Twitter.