An official website of the United States government

Passport Services
Apply for or renew a U.S. Passport

Status of U.S. Consular Operations in Mexico in Light of COVID-19

Apply for a U.S. Passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad

How To Apply For A U.S. Passport.

How To Apply For A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

How To Replace A Limited Validity Passport, Request A Passport Correction, or Request A Passport Name Change.

Click here if you already know how to apply and only need to complete the form.

See the map below for appointment, mail-in, and walk-in services available at our 19 locations across Mexico.

Office Locations and Available Passport Services
Click on the office locations in the map below to see information regarding available passport services (routine, renewal, emergency) at our 19 locations across Mexico.

U.S. Embassy Mexico City

U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez

U.S. Consulate General in Guadalajara

U.S. Consulate General in Hermosillo

U.S. Consulate General in Matamoros

U.S. Consulate General in Merida

U.S. Consulate General in Monterrey

U.S. Consulate General in Nogales

U.S. Consulate General in Nuevo Laredo

U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana

Consular Agency Acapulco

Consular Agency Cancun

Consular Agency Los Cabos

Consular Agency Mazatlan

Consular Agency Oaxaca

Consular Agency Piedras Negras

Consular Agency Playa del Carmen

Consular Agency Puerto Vallarta

Consular Agency San Miguel de Allende


If you require a new passport, a renewal passport, or just aren’t sure, our simple Passport Wizard will assist you in determining your eligibility and gathering the documentation needed to apply.

There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship, or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.

Passport services are not available on weekends, or on Mexico or U.S. Holidays.

The processing time for routine passport renewals is 3-4 weeks. If you are traveling within the next 2 weeks, please see Emergency Passports for further information.

Do You Know What Type of Forms You Need?

If you already know which forms to complete, you can:

  1. go directly to our forms page at eforms.state.gov and enter “Passports” in the search field,
  2. visit our appointment website to schedule an appointment at one of our locations, or
  3. get specific passport guidance info on Travel.State.gov.