Call for proposals.
New criminal justice system, human rights and citizenship in Chihuahua
Closing Date and Time for Submission of Applications: July 21, 2017, 11:59 PM Mountain Standard Time
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico and the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) invite all eligible organizations in the state of Chihuahua to submit a proposal for a grant to design and implement a program to work in one or more of the following areas:
- Support and access for victims to the criminal justice system, informing society about their rights and how they are benefitted by justice system reforms.
- Initiatives to make the current justice and correctional systems/institutions more efficient, accountable and accessible.
- Initiatives to enhance the capacity of civil society organizations and independent bodies to function both as credible watchdogs and as effective partners with the government to promote good governance.
- Foster the participation of women in the criminal justice system; either as professionals or citizen users of the system.
- Assist government institutions in making culture of lawfulness, transparency, and courageous leadership a part of their institutional make-up through training, targeted support, and technical tools.
There is a possibility of multiple awards; each has a ceiling of 10,000 – 15,000 USD, depending of the scope of the program. Call for proposals can be found here