Registering to vote and submitting a ballot is fast, easy, and can be done from anywhere in the world! Please see our website https://mx.usembassy.gov/voting/ for information on upcoming elections, how to register to vote and request ballots, and how to submit ballots.
- Confirm your voter registration: You may need to re-register annually. Go to FVAP.gov to connect to your state’s voter portal to register to vote, request a ballot, and more.
- Request Your Ballot: Request a ballot through your state election portal or complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). Request to receive your ballot electronically if available.
- Receive and Complete Your Ballot: States must send out ballots 45 days before regular elections for federal office and generally send out ballots at least 30 days before primary elections. Confirm your ballot delivery online.
- Return Your Completed, Signed Ballot: Some states allow you to return your completed ballot electronically; others do not. You can return paper voting forms and ballots to through international mail, professional courier service, or through the U.S. Mission’s diplomatic pouch. See instructions on our website: https://mx.usembassy.gov/voting/
- Researching Candidates and Issues: See FVAP links page for resources to aid your research. Subscribe to FVAP’s Voting Alert(firstname.lastname@example.org) or follow FVAP on Facebook (@DODFVAP), Twitter (@FVAP), or Instagram (@fvapgov) for information about election dates and deadlines.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Voting Assistance Officer at:
From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444