Message for U.S. Citizens – Consular Expo in Sinaloa, June 3 – 5, 2019
The U.S. Consulate General Hermosillo would like to inform U.S. citizens that we will be hosting a Consular Expo event in Sinaloa from June 3 – 5, 2019:
- Monday, June 3rd in Mazatlan from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Mazatlan International Center “Salon Playa Sabalo,” Avenida del Delfin 6303, Fracc. Marina Mazatlan
- Tuesday, June 4th in Culiacan from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Polideportivo UAS, Calle Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez, Cd. Universitaria
- Wednesday, June 5th in Los Mochis from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Auditorio del Centro de Innovación y Educación (CIE), Esquina Angel Flores y Alvaro Obregon 500, Col. Centro
The Consular Expo is a one-stop shop for consular services, during which we provide information to the public on consular services in partnership with our Mexican Government contacts. We will have representatives available to answer questions about immigrant and non-immigrant visas, American Citizens Services, Education USA, Customs and Border Protection, and Social Security.
We will accept passport applications at the events in Culiacan and Los Mochis. See below for instructions:
- Please visit our webpage for detailed passport requirements: https://mx.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/how-passport/
- Please bring one 2”x2” (5×5 cm) color photograph with a white background (no glasses) that was taken within the past six months.
- Please bring the original documents, including a copy of the page of your current passport that has your photograph and birthdate on it. We cannot accept your application without the copy. If this is your first time applying for a passport, please include photo copies of each original document.
- All passports will be delivered through DHL courier service; after receiving your application you must go to the DHL branch that will be informed on the day of the event. You will get a special fee of $232 pesos per document handled. This payment must be made in national currency, in cash or credit card (Please note that DHL cannot accept dollars). These passports can no longer be delivered directly to our office. If you do not pay for DHL service, you will not receive your passports.
- We will accept payments made by CASHIERS CHECKS ONLY (CHEQUES DE CAJA) using the current consular rate exchange ($19.50 MXN).
- Cashier’s checks in Mexican pesos must be paid to the order of “United States Disbursing Officer on behalf” and can be issued at any Mexican national bank where you have an account.
- Cashier’s checks in U.S. dollars must be paid to the order of “United States Consulate” and can only be accepted if issued from one of the following banks: Santander, Banamex, or Bancomer.
- Prices are listed below:
$145 USD $2,827.50 MXP (over 16 years old)
$115 USD $2,242.50 MXP (under 16 years old)
$65 USD $1,267.50 MXP (over 16 years old)
$50 USD $975.00 MXP (under 16 years old
Passport book and card:
$175 USD $3,412.50MXP (over 16 years old)
$130 USD $2,535.00MXP (under 16 years old)
Renewal (over 16 years old):
$110 USD $2,145.00 MXP
$30 USD $585 MXP