The Department of State, represented by the U.S. Embassy in Mexico and the Mexican Ministry of Public Education, with support from the private sector, offer the “Jóvenes en Acción” – Youth in Action program. This program provides Mexican youth enrolled in their sophomore or junior years of high school a leadership program to explore social issues affecting Mexico and the United States, which culminates in the implementation of community service projects in Mexico over the academic year. Jóvenes en Accion 2022 participants will visit the United States for two weeks in the summer, meet likeminded American youth addressing similar social issues in their communities, practice their English, and develop their leadership skills
Entering its thirteenth year, this program boasts 864 “Jóvenes en Acción” alumni from 30 states throughout Mexico. Some of them have already finished their graduate studies and continue to develop their leadership skills, support their communities, thereby strengthening Mexico and U.S.-Mexico relations.
Project themes for Jóvenes en Acción 2022 include the following:
- Anti-Bullying and Inclusion (indigenous, migrants, women and girls, LGBTQ+)
- Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (development of sustainable projects – environmental, social and economic technology)
- Cyber Security Awareness (anti-bullying, digital literacy, disinformation, fact-checking)
- Discrimination (social, racial, religious, political, sexual orientation or gender)
- Domestic violence (against men, against women, child or elder abuse).
- Education and Higher Learning (school dropout rates, prevention of teen pregnancy, substance abuse prevention, reducing participation in illegal activities)
- English Language Learning.
- Environmental Issues (such as access to water, sanitation, recycling, conservation)
- Financial Literacy
For additional information or questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org