U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara, Mexico
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:
Increased Violence in the City of San Blas, Nayarit
September 15, 2017
There are recent reports of increased violence and cartel activity in the city of San Blas, Nayarit. Effective immediately, U.S. government personnel are prohibited from travel within a 10km (6 mi) radius of the center of San Blas until October 1, 2017, at which time the Consulate will reevaluate the security environment. U.S. citizens should consider avoiding San Blas during this period and take security precautions when considering travel to the area.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara in Mexico, located at Progreso 175, Col. Americana, Codigo Postal 44160, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, and is openMonday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-33-3268-2100 during normal business hours and after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Embassy and Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday throughFriday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook