Actions to Take:
- Review our recommendations for your destination in our Travel Advisory for Mexico. In light of recent widely publicized security incidents in popular tourist destinations, please remember that all destinations have some level of risk. Violent crime – such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery – is widespread and common in Mexico.
- Carefully review and abide by the period of admission authorized on the Forma Migratoria Multiple (FMM) obtained from immigration authorities upon entry.
- Carry your passport and FMM at all times; visitors not carrying these documents or who remain in Mexico beyond the authorized period may be detained and/or deported.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Park in well-lit spaces and don’t leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings and maintain a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Contact Form
- U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico
- From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
- From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
- Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444