Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (April 20, 2021)
Event: Mexico Travel Advisory Change: Level 4: Do Not Travel Due to COVID-19
The U.S. Department of State updated the Travel Advisory for Mexico on April 20, 2021, to better reflect the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) science-based Travel Health Notices that outline current health issues affecting travelers’ health.
Do not travel to Mexico due to COVID-19. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory, including detailed information on all states in Mexico. Read the country information page for Mexico.
If you travel to Mexico:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19 and CDC’s Travel Health Notice for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at:
Paseo de la Reforma 305
06500, Ciudad de México
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444