The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the United States Consulate General in Monterrey is pleased to announce a request for proposals (RFP) for Community Small Grants. PAS invites civil society organizations and community leaders in Coahuila, Durango, Nuevo Leon, San Luis Potosi, Tamaulipas, and Zacatecas to submit proposals for a grant or cooperative agreement.
The goals of this RFP are to strengthen community based organizations and support activities which:
- Address key environmental challenges
- Broaden human rights,
- Engage at-risk youth,
- Expand economic opportunity for women or underserved communities, Encourage innovation, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education, particularly for women and girls,
- Promote democracy, freedom of expression, civil society, good governance (including but not limited to transparency, accountability, freedom of information) and justice
- between the United States and Mexico.
- Further entrepreneurship, education, English language learning, or academic mobility between the United States and Mexico.
Proposals should be for projects or programs of short duration (18 months or less). Projects must begin before September 30, 2016.
To learn more on How to apply and the rules for this proposals, please visit Community Small Grant (PDF, 548K)