All U.S. Consulate General Merida visitors and their personal belongings must pass through security screening before entering into the building.
For reasons of safety and security, visitors may not bring these prohibited items into the U.S. Consulate General Merida:
- Telephones and other electronic devices
- Media devices such as CD’s, thumb drives, SD cards, etc.
- Cameras or video equipment
- Weapons or any item which can be used as a weapon
- Purses and bags larger than 18” x 18
The following items are permitted:
- Small quantities of make-up
- Small quantities of baby formula, baby food, milk
- Small quantities of diapers
- Non-liquid medication
- Baby Carriers and baby strollers that can be folded small enough to pass through an x-ray machine
These lists are not all inclusive and security officials reserve the right to deny entry of items determined to be unsafe or a threat to security.