The U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta provides emergency services to American Citizens residing in or visiting the area around Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco and Nuevo Vallarta/Bahia de Banderas, Nayarit.
The Consular Agency also performs notarial services and receives applications for U.S. passports, which are forwarded to the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara (the Consular Agency’s supervisory post) for processing. The Consular Agency accepts applications for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA): For instructions send an e-mail with your name and phone contact information to email@example.com
Kelly Trainor has been the Consular Agent since November 1998. She is assisted by a staff of three employees.
For after-hours emergencies involving life or limb, you may call the Duty Officer at the U.S. Consulate General Guadalajara at: 01-55-5080-2000, ext. 0. If calling from the United States, dial 011-52-55-5080-2000, ext. 0.
Hours of Operation
The U.S. Consular Agency in Vallarta is open to the public Monday through Thursday, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, except for U.S. and Mexican holidays.The Consular Agency is also closed on second Wednesday of every month for in-service training.
Special Hours of Operations for March, April and May
The Puerto Vallarta Consular Agency will be open for all regular services the following dates:
- March 25 – 28
- April 8 – 12
- April 16 – 17
The Agency will only offer walk-in Passport Renewals for Adults:
- March 11 – 22
- April 1-5
- April 15
- April 29 – May 10
The Agency will be closed for all non-emergency services:
- March 21 – 22
- April 18 – 19
The U.S. Consular Agency in Puerto Vallarta requires a pre-paid courier service waybill (Only services from Estafeta and Fedex) for the return of your passport book, passport card, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
At the time of your appointment with us, please bring a pre-paid, self-addressed courier service envelope and a label with a tracking number for delivery from Guadalajara to you. You should have one waybill for each product you are requesting.
The shipping price depends on the final destination of the envelope.
|The sender’s address:||The receiver:|
|Name: CONSULADO GENERAL DE GUADALAJARA Address: PROGRESO #75, COLONIA AMERICANA GUADALAJARA JALISCO, 44160
|Name: same as the applicant
Estafeta offers pre-paid envelope services at the Paradise Plaza Shopping Center in Nuevo Vallarta. This is not an endorsement of their services; this information is provided solely for your convenience. Services near the agency are extremely limited and do not open until 9:30 AM. If you do not bring a waybill with you, please allow one hour to buy an envelope.
If it has been more than 4 weeks, you can send an email to check the status of your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring two passport photos with you to your appointment. Services near the agency are extremely limited and do not open until 9:30 AM. If you do not bring photos with you, please allow one hour prior to your appointment to have photos taken at the Plaza. Follow this link for photo requirements – photos for U.S.passports are larger than those for Mexican passports. Do not use any type of filters or retouching on the photos.
Please note the following schedule for services requiring an appointment:
- First-time Passport Applicants and Minor Passport Renewals, using form DS-11, must make an appointment and apply in person. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM. To schedule an appointment, please call 33 4624 2102 (Mexico) 844 528 6611 (US)
Please note the following schedule for services that do not require an appointment:
- Notarial Services do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 11:00 AM and 12:30 PM Monday through Thursday. Clients must present documents indicating the location of the notarization, a valid ID and a photocopy copy of the same ID.
- Emergency Passports do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM Monday through Thursday. Please carefully read the information regarding emergency passports found here.
- Adult Passport Renewals, using form DS-82, do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Monday through Thursday.
- Data Corrections and Name Changes do not require an appointment, and walk-ins are accepted between 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM Monday through Thursday.
- U.S. Service Organizations in the Puerto Vallarta Area
- Puerto Vallarta American College AC
- Bilingual Attorneys in Vallarta (PDF, 84 KB)
- Doctors and Hospitals in Vallarta (PDF, 99 KB)
- Federal Attorney’s Office of Consumer (PROFECO)
- Translation services in Puerto Vallarta (PDF, 36 KB)
- Funeral Homes in Vallarta (PDF, 456KB)
- Sport Fishing in Mexico