United States Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Security Message for U.S. Citizens:
Lifting of Travel Prohibition for Plaza Portales Entertainment Complex
March 9, 2017
The U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez has lifted its February 10 prohibition on U.S. Consulate personnel travel to the Plaza Portales restaurant and entertainment complex, located at the intersection of Bulevar Tomas Fernandez and Calle de los Portales.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Mexico.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, located at Paseo de la Victoria #3650, Fracc. Partido Senecu, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- You may also call 011-52-656-227-3000 during normal business hours or during after-hours.
- Contact information for the U.S. Embassy and U.S. Consulates General in Mexico can be found on the U.S. Embassy Mexico City website.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.