Location: Mexico countrywide
Event: On May 2, 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Travel Health Notice for COVID-19 in Mexico was lowered to Level 2, reflecting a moderate level of COVID-19. Please read the state summaries in the State Department’s Mexico Travel Advisory for other safety and security information related to your specific travel destination.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Mexico webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines before traveling to Mexico.
- If you have a weakened immune system or are at increased risk for severe disease, even if you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, talk with your clinician about your risk and consider delaying travel to Mexico.
- Travelers going to the United States should confirm and comply with applicable vaccination and testing requirements prior to travel. More information is available on the Embassy’s webpage on COVID-19.
- Contact Form
- U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico
- From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
- From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
- Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Mexico International Travel Information
- U.S. Passports
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
- Traveler’s Checklist
- Department of State on Facebook and Twitter
- U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter