Apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana

Before proceeding, please read the legal requirements in order to transmit citizenship at: . Step 1: Scan and email your documents to .  To obtain a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) appointment you must send scanned PDF files of the following documents to : Complete DS-2029 . (must be type-written, handwritten forms not accepted). Do …

Read More»

Tri-Lateral Forum Strengthens International Coordination on Amber Alert Emergency Response System

Mexico City, May 25, 2017 – Coordinators from Mexico, the United States, and Canada met today at the annual tri-national Amber Alert forum.  The Amber Alert is an emergency response system that disseminates information about missing children.  Their goal: to establish stronger mechanisms for the international coordination of Amber Alerts.  The new mechanisms proposed at the forum …

Read More»

Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs Michele Thoren Bond visits Monterrey

During her visit to Monterrey on January 11, Assistant Secretary for Consular Affairs Michele Thoren Bond spoke of the importance of properly documenting U.S-born children who are living in Mexico. Accompanied by Dr. Esthela Garza Gutierrez, Secretary of Nuevo Leon’s Ministry of Education, Assistant Secretary Bond visited public high school No. 34 in Santa Cecilia …

Read More»
Show More ∨