Alert: Cancellation of Routine Services – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (June 17, 2021)
Event: Cancellation of Routine American Citizens Services Appointments
In observance of Juneteenth National Independence Day, the U.S. Embassy, Consulates General, and Consular Agencies will be closed for routine services on Friday, June 18, 2021. At some locations, staff will assist previously scheduled emergency passport applicants with urgent travel plans. Applicants with non-emergency passport, citizenship, and notarial appointments on June 18 will be contacted by email or phone with more information on cancellations and rescheduling options.
Passport applicants with questions about cancellations and passport appointment availability should contact the Embassy or Consulate location nearest you by email.
U.S. citizens with non-passport-related emergencies should call +52 55-8526-2561 for assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
- Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
- For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
- The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at:
Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México
Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.