Location: Culiacan, Los Mochis, and Guasave, Sinaloa, Mexico
Event: The U.S. Consulate Hermosillo received reports of gunfire, roadblocks, and fires throughout the cities of Culiacan, Los Mochis, and Guasave. Sinaloa Governor Ruben Rocha has called for the public to shelter in place. U.S. citizens throughout Sinaloa should remain alert for potential violence throughout the state. The U.S. Consulate General reminds U.S. citizens that Sinaloa is classified as Level 4: Do Not Travel in the State Department’s travel advisory for Mexico.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain a high level of vigilance and keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates and in case of emergency, call 911.
- Review your personal security plans and follow the instructions of local authorities.
- From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
- Department of State – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-201-501-4444