Location: Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada, Tecate, and Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
Event: The U.S. Consulate General in Tijuana continues to closely monitor the security situation in Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada, Tecate, and Mexicali. The August 12 instructions to U.S. government personnel to shelter in place are no longer in effect.
U.S. citizens are reminded to reconsider travel to Baja California due to crime and kidnapping. See here for full text of our Mexico Travel Advisory.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Follow instructions of local authorities.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates and in case of emergency, call 911.
- Contact Form
- U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico Department of State – Consular Affairs: 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-444
- From Mexico: (55) 8526 2561
- From the United States: 1-844-528-6611
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter