Location: Multiple Locations, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico Event: We are aware of reports of gunfire near the U.S. Consulate, and reports of firefights in locations throughout Nuevo Laredo between Mexican authorities and armed members of criminal organizations. U.S. government employees have been instructed to avoid the area and shelter in place until further notice. U.S. citizens should avoid the area or continue to shelter in place. All routine consular services are suspended until further notice and existing appointments will be rescheduled. Please do not go to the U.S. Consulate or the Nuevo Laredo Applicant Service Center. We will contact you to reschedule your appointment. Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Seek secure shelter.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Consulate General Nuevo Laredo, Mexico +52 867 714 0512 +52 55 8526 2561 (U.S. Citizen Emergencies) firstname.lastname@example.org https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/nuevo-laredo/
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter